Prempoint requires every Schlage Engage lock to be on a minimum firmware version. The minimum versions are as follows for the different models:
- Schlage Control: 03.06.07
- Schlage Control v2: 04.02.62
- Schlage CTE: 01.03.02
- Schlage LE: 01.07.58
- Schlage NDE: 02.12.58
In order to check and update the firmware on Schlage Engage locks, you must use the Allegion Engage app. You can download Allegion Engage app here:
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.allegion.stingray&hl=en_US
- iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/allegion-engage/id920140172
You should have received an email invite to join an Engage site created for you by Prempoint. If you haven't received this email, contact your Prempoint sales representative or send an email to email@example.com.
Watch one of the following videos from Allegion to see how the firmware update process is done. NOTE, you will not be logging into the Allegion web portal since your locks are managed by Prempoint, ignore that portion of the videos.
- Schlage Control Locks
- Schlage CTE, LE, and NDE locks are similar to the above videos but they have additional steps. The Engage app will walk you through all those steps needed.
- The above videos are a little outdated with regards to updates Allegion has made to the Engage app since the videos were made. The main difference is that you can tap on the lock you want to update right when you see it, you don't need to go to a separate screen in the app to do that.
- When the firmware update has fully completed, the lock will flash and beep a few times.