Since there are thousands of models and manufacturers of smartphones, some work better than others. If you're experiencing problems with your phone unlocking a lock, here are some things to try:
- Be sure you are physically near the lock. Bluetooth locks do not work remotely.
- Force kill and restart the Prempoint app and try again.
- On Android 6.0 or later, Google requires location services to be enabled in your system settings for Bluetooth Low Energy scans to be performed. Be sure this is enabled.
- Restart bluetooth. Go to your phone's system settings and turn bluetooth off, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on. Go back into the Prempoint app and try to unlock the door again.
- Android: Clear the bluetooth cache and try again. This Google support thread describes how to do this: https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/8387632
- Reboot your phone. Sometimes iOS and Android get into a bad state where bluetooth won't work properly until you reboot the phone.
- If your phone is on Android version 7 or later, it has been observed that having certain types of apps installed at the same time as Prempoint can cause interference. If you have a bluetooth device that connects to your phone (such as a smartwatch or GPS watch) and its corresponding app on your phone, this could be the culprit. To test if it is, uninstall the other app and try the Prempoint app again. This generally only happens if the other bluetooth device is not currently connected to your phone, thus your phone is scanning for it and that is what interferes with Prempoint. If that is the issue, unfortunately there is nothing Prempoint can do as this needs to be fixed in Android by Google.
- If the above does not help, please send logs to support so they can diagnose the issue. The following article shows how to send logs: How do I send logs to support?
- Prempoint support will diagnose the issue and provide a fix if a problem is found, but this takes time per the Apple and Google app store procedures. If you need to gain access before a fix is published, you will need to contact your property manager as Prempoint cannot legally let you in.