There are a few things you can try before contacting Prempoint support if your lock is not working.
- Be sure you are physically near the lock. Bluetooth locks do not work remotely.
- On Android 6.0 or later, Google requires location services to be enabled in your system settings for Bluetooth Low Energy scans to be performed. Be sure this is enabled.
- Restart bluetooth on your phone. Go to the system settings and turn off bluetooth, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on.
- Android: Clear the bluetooth cache and try again. This Google support thread describes how to do this: https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/8387632
- Reboot your phone. Sometimes iOS and Android get into a bad state where bluetooth won't work properly until you reboot the phone.
- Be sure the lock is on the latest firmware. You can quickly see if you have any locks on older firmware in the web console. If you see the following symbol in the row for the lock, you should update it's firmware.
- Pull a battery from the lock, wait a few seconds, then replace it. This will reboot the lock and sometimes clears up issues. You can use a fob to gain access if the mobile app is not working.
- Try a fresh set of batteries in the lock.
- If your phone is on Android version 7 or later, it has been observed that having certain types of apps installed at the same time as Prempoint can cause interference. If you have a bluetooth device that connects to your phone (such as a smartwatch or GPS watch) and its corresponding app on your phone, this could be the culprit. To test if it is, uninstall the other app and try the Prempoint app again. This generally only happens if the other bluetooth device is not currently connected to your phone, thus your phone is scanning for it and that is what interferes with Prempoint. If that is the issue, unfortunately there is nothing Prempoint can do as this needs to be fixed in Android by Google.
If you are still unable to unlock the lock with the Prempoint mobile app, please send logs to support. Without logs, support cannot diagnose your issue. From within the app, tap on "Manage" at the bottom, "Settings" in the middle of the screen, and then "Send Logs" from the settings screen. Hit send on the email that comes up.